What is residual / contaminated?
Residue: In the process of obtaining food and until it reaches our table;
Applied for any purpose,
Depending on the conditions after the application or without remaining or degraded,
The substances that need to be controlled in the final amount of the product are called residues.
Contaminated: In the process of obtaining food and reaching to our table;
- Environment or production-processing-storage area, etc. polluting food,
- They are undesirable and often harmful / toxic effects.
What are Major Residues and Contaminants?
- Agriculture / Veterinary medicines (residues),
- Hormones (residues)
- Heavy metals (contaminated)
- Substances passing from packaging materials to the product (transmitted),
- Dioxin, furan, PCB, etc.
The most important problems encountered in agriculture and animal husbandry are the unconsciously used pesticides, veterinary drugs, hormones, antibiotics and their derivatives. Pesticides, veterinary drugs, hormones and antibiotics in plants and animal products leave residues as a result of exceeding the legal limits defined in our country and in Europe and this situation threatens both human and animal health. Detection of such residues brings with it a high technological investment